Writing AIDS : gay literature, language, and analysis / Timothy F. Murphy and Suzanne Poirier, editors.Material type: TextSeries: Between men--between womenPublication details: New York : Columbia University Press, c1993.Description: viii, 352 p. ; 24 cmISBN:
- Gay men's writings, American -- History and criticism
- AIDS (Disease) in literature
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- American literature -- Male authors -- History and criticism
- Literature, Modern -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Literature, Modern -- Male authors -- History and criticism
- Homosexuality and literature -- History -- 20th century
- Gay men -- United States -- Intellectual life
- Gay men's writings -- History and criticism
- Gay men in literature
- 810.9/356 20
- PS153.G38 W74 1993
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Stonewall Non-Fiction||PS 153 WRI 1993||1||Available||9202037312|
Brief bio-bibliographical notes on contributors: p. -342.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
On writing AIDS: introduction / Suzanne Poirier -- The mirror and the tank: "AIDS," subjectivity, and the rhetoric of activism / Lee Edelman -- The language of war in AIDS discourse / Michael S. Sherry -- Plague in Germany, 1939/1989: cultural images of race, space, and disease / Sander L. Gilman -- Fantom images: Hervé Guibert and the writing of "sida" in France / Emily Apter -- Apocalyptic utterance in Edmund White's "An oracle" / Richard Dellamora -- Eloquence and epitaph: Black nationalism and the homophobic impulse in responses to the death of Max Robinson / Phillip Brian Harper -- AIDS 101 / Peter M. Bowen -- AIDS narratives on television: whose story? / Paula A. Treichler -- "And once I had it all": AIDS narratives and memories of an American dream / John M. Clum -- Refusing the name: the absence of AIDS in recent American gay male fiction / James W. Jones -- Immersive and counterimmersive writing about AIDS: the achievement of Paul Monette's Love alone / Joseph Cady -- Dante on Fire Island: reinventing heaven in the AIDS elegy / James Miller -- Testimony / Timothy F. Murphy -- Annotated bibliography of AIDS literature, 1982-91 (p. -339) / Franklin Brooks and Timothy F. Murphy.
There are no comments on this title.