I shall not be removed [videorecording] : the life of Marlon Riggs / directed and produced by Karen Everett.Material type: FilmPublication details: San Francisco, CA : California Newsreel, 1996.Description: 1 videocassette (59 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 inOther title:
- Life of Marlon Riggs
- Riggs, Marlon T
- Riggs, Marlon T. -- Interviews
- Riggs, Marlon T. -- Friends and associates
- Color adjustment (Motion picture)
- Ethnic notions (Motion picture)
- Tongues untied (Motion picture)
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography
- Gay men -- United States -- Biography
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- United States -- Biography
- African American gay men -- Biography
- African American gay men -- Identity
- Homosexuality -- United States
- Camera, Julie X. Black ... et al. ; editors, Karen Everett, Nicole Tristan Kassell.
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Copy number||Status||Notes||Date due||Barcode|
|Video Tape||Stonewall Special collection||VID (1996) 2014||1||Available (Restricted Access)||available upon request to members; no DVD available||213721|
Camera, Julie X. Black ... et al. ; editors, Karen Everett, Nicole Tristan Kassell.
A film biography of Marlon Riggs, the gifted gay black filmmaker who produced documentary films addressing issues of identity among African Americans and gays. Clips from his films show how he evolved a unique experimental documentary style, mixing poetry, criticism, the personal and the political. It also documents his long battle against AIDS until his death in 1994 and includes interviews with family, friends, and co-workers.
Narrator: Rhodessa Jones.
Contributors: Barbara Christian (U. of Calif., Berkeley), Deborah Hoffman (filmmaker), Brian Freeman (film producer), Vivian Kleiman (film producer)